Tuesday, January 25, 2011

My NS25 "Dinner"

The other night, I walked a lot, and I also had too much time and not enough money for a proper dinner.  I finally came in from the cold...



...for a...


... Yes for this sandwich.

I had this tuna-bagel sandwich at Cup 'O' Joe.  The simple tuna was with black olives and sun-dried tomatoes.  It cost me NS25 including the tip.  I read and relaxed.  It was comfortable there.  If the budget had allowed I would have happily had a "proper" meal.  I knew that I'd be able to have coffee at Matan, so it didn't pay to buy any.

And yes, even though I don't eat carbohydrates, like the bagel, there are times when it's best.  I walked a lot that night.  We must be flexible, but we shouldn't look for exuses to break the diet.

ps the sandwich was tasty, though it could have used some lettuce or cucumbers.

2 comments:

Tzivia said...

Sorry - all I can see in that first picture is ORANGES - full-grown oranges! On a tree!

Oy, the things you people take for granted!! :-o

(p.s. It's nice to have a place to relax with a sandwich, though... :-)))

Batya said...

There's also an orange sign.