Saturday, January 15, 2011

Do you Quinoa?

I've pretty much replaced fish with quinoa for lunch.  I cook it up in the same giant covered frying pan with the same sort of cut up onion, carrot and squash as I used to cook my fish.  I really can't afford the sort of fish I like, and quinoa suits my budget.  The nutrition experts claim that quinoa's extremely healthy.  There haven't been the negative revelations like those about tofu.

I cook it by sautéing the vegetables, then adding the quinoa and then some boiling water.  After a few minutes I leave it covered, not only with the frying pan cover, also with a towel to keep the heat in and prevent burning.

I just hope it doesn't have too many carbohydrates for me.  I eat eggs as my protein for breakfast and poultry for dinner.

2 comments:

Leora said...

Good for you! Yes, it is supposed to be healthy stuff.

I've been eating millet in addition to my usual brown rice.

Enjoy!

Batya said...

I went heavily into animal protein the first few years after ending my 25 years as vegetarian. I guess I'm more balanced now.