Thursday, March 10, 2005

notes T'hilim, Ecclesiastes 7-3 Psalms, Kohelet

As usual, having the text, actually full Bible, around will help, since I don't quote much, just refer to the actual words.

**I arrived late and missed the beginning, so I had trouble following, and Nissan mentioned somethng else that I don't know what he was really referring to.

T'hilim, Psalms, 35, 16
Generally G-d is patient and doesn't interfere, only when things get really bad, like the generation of the flood.
2nd Shmuel/Samuel 9, 14 When David is told that his son will build the Beit Hamikdash, Holy Temple, G-d will be as a father to Shlomo/Solomon and discipline him, that immediately reminded me of the notes from the last class on Kohelet. That David had problems with his sons, because he didn't discipline them. It must have had been his reactions, since he was treated very badly. Only Batsheva and Shlomo were separate from the rest of the family, and she raised him differently, so he was worthy to be king and build the Beit Hamikdash.

Must get ready for my exercise class.
More later, at some point... b'ezrat Hashem

No comments: