Saturday, March 12, 2005

no news

no news
ob2
well-entrenched
in womby pool

what to do?
two days off
would be perfect
to help

but so far
no need

who's taking bets?
Monday night's a wedding
that I don't want to miss

and Tuesday afternoon
I have to give
tenth graders a test
as punishment--for not doing work
must teach themselves

so when's ob2
going to make
GRAND ENTRANCE?

I remember the stairs
at the Pine View Hotel
feeling so glamorous
marching down
at just the "right moment"
at NCSY's National

and the
glass-enclosed staircase
lit for all of Northern Boulevard
to see
at Leonard's

dreamt of marching up and down
swishing skirts and gowns
finally did
at a "sweet 16"

so with a grandmother
like me
of course,
OB2's
still waiting

1 comment:

Sarah Smile said...

I remember National Conventions at the Pine View Hotel! Those were the best years! How old does that make us?!
Shavuah Tov :)