Thursday, March 10, 2005

great news!

Great news! It's almost like the moshiach's coming! June Cleaver, SAHM's are envied by young women . Forget about ol' Beaver's mother, my mother's life as a wife and mother are considered the ideal! That's what I've been saying for years. I wanted a life like that, not having to work out of the house, but active as a volunteer in all sorts of things. I didn't want to have to figure out what to do with a sick kids, because I couldn't miss work. I wanted to have proper meals for my kids and husband when they came home. I managed for a number of years, but then we needed the money, so I started working. I worked at all sorts of jobs, professions without certificates. I could never take myself seriously and embarrassed my kids by not being as successful as their friends' mothers. So they did everything they could not to be like me.

And now, according to statistics, young women want that life, because we can't be everything. Certainly, we can't do it all simultaneously. They finally realize that mothering is fulfilling. Enjoy!

No comments: