Monday, November 09, 2009

A Few Hours To Myself

I've been told by the experts that I must give myself a few hours a week, at least, for myself, so I won't burn out.

In many ways taking care of the elderly is more difficult than taking care of babies.  Babies are portable and they grow up and become independent.  I'm more tied down taking care of my father than I was  when I was a SAHM all those decades ago, when my daughters were little.  When my sons were babies I was a working mother, part-time, but still working.

Last week we took my father to Jerusalem, and it took him a couple of days to recover.  So, unless we have no choice, we're staying here in Shiloh or Ofra, where my married daugher lives.  It's only about 15 minutes away.

Today I traveled to Jerusalem to do a bit of shopping.  I bought fabric for winter skirts.  My friend will sew them for me. 

Sometimes I wish that I had a sewing machine, so I could do my own sewing.  Actually, it would be fun, creative and very expensive.  That's because I'd be buying tons of fabric for all sorts of clothes I don't need, and I probably wouldn't end up sewing the clothes.

Actually, I used to do that with the crocheting.  I have a large collection of yarn bought and never used.  So, now when I have the yearning to crochet, I go through my old yarn.

2 comments:

lars sh said...

glad you having fun! i'm a new reader!

Batya said...

thanks, lars, I hope you'll visit again.