Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Another Milestone in My Saga, Taking Care of My Elderly Father

So far, bli eyin haraa (don't tempt the evil eye) my father can do a lot for himself.  One thing he can't do is to change the battery of his hearing aid.  That's because his eyesight isn't all that great nowadays, so he can't see it.

Last week, at my daughter's instructions, we went to "HaOzen," a hearingaid place.  I bit the bullet and told the young guy that I'm taking care of my father, and as he can see my father wears hearingaids, and I haven't a clue how to deal with them.  So, I got a lesson, how to clean and how to change batteries and know when that's necessary.  I bought the necessary supplies, brought them home and...

... I waited until a bolt from the blue would tell me when to use my new skills.  Yesterday it hit!

"It's very strange.  These hearingaids don't seem to be working."

"Hmmm... maybe it's time for me to change the batteries."

I "tested" them and they were dead.  So I got the equipment, and easier than I had ever guessed, changed the batteries, and my father was able to hear better.

All the challenges should be this easy.

No comments: