Sunday, November 22, 2009

A Good Time At The Movies

With today's DVD's and VCR's there's no need to travel to see a good movie.  Last night  my father and I walked around the corner to a neighbor's place for a movie and social event.  My father has a bigger social life here in Shiloh than he has had the past few years home in Great Neck.  We have guests, and people invite us, too.  Socializing is less formal, and even waiting in the clinic is fun, considering that we're a very friendly community.

What movie did we see? Mirror Has Two Faces with/by Barbra Streisand, co-starring  Jeff Bridges.  It's funny, but no real suspense, especially since the publicity photos are from the last scene.  I'm pretty sure that we had already seen the movie as a group, but nobody walked out in protest.

2 comments:

epes ah chosid said...

Did u ever see "Arranged" about a Jewish girl and a Muslim Girl who teach together in NYC and get friends.
I just lately watched it and I really liked it, wonder what u would say to it.

Batya said...

epes, so nice to hear from you!

I've never heard of the movie. We generally go for the upbeat. If someone has it, I'd probably show it. Life here is different. It could be made about two nurses...