Monday, November 30, 2009

New Menu at Anna Ticho


A couple of weeks ago, I ended up having a wonderful meal in Jerusalem with good friends, Rosaly Evnine, Helen Freedman (AFSI), her daughter and Mina Fenton.
That combination was pure chance, as the best planning G-d could do for us.I hadn't eaten recently at the restaurant in the Anna Ticho House.  For the longest time it seemed to have the same boring menu, but no longer.There were lots of new things.  I can't remember exactly what we all ate, but we were all happy with the food.  I had a "root salad."  It was based on strips of raw root vegetables like carrots and beets.  Someone else had stuffed vegetables with quinoa.

Portions were very large, and many doggy bags were taken home.  A good idea for two people eating out together is for each to order soup and then share a main course.  I didn't touch the bread, but the reports were very favorable.


Downtown Jerusalem isn't the easiest place to navigate nowadays with all the lightrail construction, but if you're there, and want a treat, you can have a nice meal at Anna Ticho.



2 comments:

Maya / מיה said...

Hi, you should submit these dishes to http://www.foodspotting.com/ilovefood/

One of my friends (Alexa) is the founder, and it's not exactly open for public view (that's the kind of hidden URL-- you can't get to it from the main page yet). We're trying to get more Israeli dishes up there! I will as soon as I can remember to bring a camera with me to a restaurant. :)

Batya said...

Maya, if it's hidden would they let me in?