Monday, March 14, 2011

Jamie Geller Cookbook Review-- Stay Tuned

This is a "pre-review," since I don't have time to do the book justice at this moment.

When I was at the Jerusalem International Book Fair a few weeks ago I spoke to a couple of people about my willingness to review books on my blogs.  One author promised to send me hers.  I even took a picture of her to use for it, but no book arrived.  At another stand, the publicist wasn't there, so I left my name and email.  He, davka, contacted me that very evening and sent me two packages from different publishers.  So I have lots of varied reading material.

Among the books are two cookbooks.  At first I thought that I'd review them together, but each is a very heavy fascinating volume, and they each deserve an individual review.  I chose Jamie Geller's Quick & Kosher to read first, because Hadassah, In the Pink, has mentioned her many times on facebook.  I figured that any friend of Hadassah's is a friend of mine...

I love the chattiness of the book.  Being Israeli for the past forty years and of a different generation, I'd never heard of Jamie Geller before I read Hadassah's references.  Then as I read the book, I noticed the commercialization, mentioning products by name, espcially kosher.com, which seemed very, very familiar.  Hadn't it hosted a Kosher Cooking Carnival? Good to know that I'm not all that senile, even at my advanced age.  kosher.com had hosted KCC #49, but I don't think that Geller posted it.

Just that you know, G-d willing, there will be a book review pretty soon...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the Quick & Kosher cookbook! I hope you enjoy it and get as much use out of it as I do! I am really looking forward to reading your review.

Batya said...

I generally don't follow recipes. Jamie's cooking is very different from mine.