Wednesday, March 30, 2011

An Hour Less of Sleep

Thursday night, we in Israel are turning the clock ahead, which means one less hour of sleep, unless you sleep "late," which was "on time" just a day ago.

I really don't like Daylight Savings Time.  It's more like Can't Fall Asleep on Time Time.  I remember struggling to get my kids to bed when the clock said bedtime, but the sun said playtime.

Some of us find ourselves suffering a mild form of jetlag without the fun of traveling.

On one hand the longer pre-Shabbat Friday is a joy, but we pay for it with less time to sleep at night.

The easiest way to survive it is just to jump into the "deep water" and force yourself to adjust to the time change.  Or do you have any better ideas?

The hardest day will be Shabbat morning, so soon after the change and no alarm to help me wake up.

2 comments:

Hadassa said...

Shalom!
One of the features that I like about my cell phone alarm, unlike a regular alarm clock, is that the snooze function works automatically. I set it for Shabbat morning, put it in a place that I can't reach so that I won't accidentally turn it off and I have a Shabbat alarm, including the snoooooooooooooooooze.

Batya said...

One of my old ones did it. But I just feel better turning mine off for Shabbat.