Monday, March 14, 2011

A Busy Day, On With The Show

On a personal note, I had a very busy day.  I went to work in Yafiz. It was a quiet day.  We're rearranging the store, selling off the winter stock and putting in the spring/summer collection.

There was an undercurrent of sadness, due to the brutal murder of the Fogel family of Itamar.  But Arabs did come to the store, and they did do their shopping.  And other Arabs did go to work in Rami Levi.

And, yes, I did sell to Arabs and smiled to those who smiled nicely to me.

Working in sales is like being on the stage.  You get into the role like an actor.  And after a full shift selling, I went to Rimonim to tutor some high school students.  There, too, I put on my mask and smiled and joked and did my job. Teaching is theater.  It really is.

Between those two jobs, selling and teaching I'm a very busy actress.

2 comments:

Leora said...

I'm glad to hear your working/stagework is going well. Break the proverbial leg (not the real one).

No words can be said to ameliorate the horror of the brutal murders.

Batya said...

Leora, so true. I'm all blogged out about tragedy and pain.