Thursday, July 23, 2009

Another Good News - Bad News Scenario

The good news is that they (we/the shul members) are renovating and enlarging the neighborhood synagogue. The bad news is... well... yeah, that's right... They opened up the wall to make (too many) windows, and Shabbat is less than 24 hours away and there aren't any windows.

I have a couple of shawls in my "box" along with the Holy Books I use for praying. I hope I'll be warm enough. If not, it's a short walk home.

Since they began the renovations and took out the toilets, our home has one of the closest.

After years of complaining that there aren't enough seats, I can't complain that there's building going on.

3 comments:

tnspr569 said...

So good to see!!

Baleboosteh said...

Its great that they are extending and renovating! Looks like they are doing a lot of work. Better wear an extra layer of clothes!

Batya said...

t, next time you're in Israel, you're invited again.

Baleboosteh, thanks, I will, even though it's summer here! How are you?