Sunday, July 05, 2009

My Coaching

This should be considered a "double" post. I coach a diet support group, and I'm being coached.

Yehudit is trying to coach me into a new, successful more confident me. I'm probably a tough cookie to break those "blockages." She's great. I'm just a difficult person.

It's funny. At my 60th Birthday, my kids produced a PowerPoint presentation and mentioned that I'm the only person getting senior discounts who still doesn't know what she wants to do when "grown up."

The only jobs I've ever kept for any period of time, ten years plus were my teaching jobs. I was the girls gym teacher in our Shiloh Elementary School for thirteen years, and I taught EFL English in the Beit El Yeshiva High School for eleven years. Other positions lasted less time; though a couple were for four years. I used to work at a few jobs simultaneously; none full-time, of course.

I'm really enjoying my diet coaching, and the group seems happy with me, too. But to make money from it, I need quite a few groups with enough participants. If anyone is interested and willing to organize, let me know. Of course... a special deal for the organizer.

3 comments:

rickismom said...

You nver strike me as unconfident... but then I probably don't either, and I also have where to improve on that!

Risa Tzohar said...

I use the senior discount but I am just pretending.

I don't have to decide what I want to be when I grow up because what I have found out after all these years is...
...if I haven't grown up yet, I guess I'm just never goona grow up.

Batya said...

rm, blogging is such an unreal world. My blogs are my pretend magazines. Shouldn't I be able to make real money from my writing?

risa, we've been friends for so many decades, and we're still the same "kids."