Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Today Was A Very Busy Day!

Recently I haven't been doing much. I think it's time to find a new job. Or I have to be seriously coached into writing one of the books I've been toying with.

But... back to today.

I have been feeling rather stir-crazy, so I acted on something I had been thinking about for months. I decided to shop in the Rami Levi (discount supermarket) in Sha'ar Binyamin, just north of Jerusalem, less than a half hour from Shiloh. After a relatively long wait, just before the bus came in, I got a ride. It's a giant supermarket and I didn't plan on buying much. I think that my shopping cart had the least stuff of everybody there. Then, after checking out, I went to the bus stop, expecting either the bus or a ride. No bus came, but eventually a neighbor from my neighborhood no less. So she took me home.

I had a quick snack and went down the hill, about a kilometer or more, to neighbors who are leaving Shiloh for a small apartment. They are selling or giving away a lot of things they really don't need. I got a few and waited for a ride up.

I was in a rush, because I had to leave to babysit for my grandson.

After preparing a quick lunch I went to Ofra. This time I caught the bus. He's talking and walking, even walked home with me. He stops to look at the plants, take leaves, smells them and then gives them to me to smell.

After my son-in-law came to relive me I rushed to Shiloh, caught great rides, so I could attend Shmuel Yerushalmi's Azkara, Memorial Ceremony. It' shard to believe that seven years have passed since his murder, and Gila Kessler's and all the others who were at the French Hill Bus Stop at the "wrong time."

Afterwards I went home.

2 comments:

Mrs. S. said...

I got tired just from *reading* about all that...
:-)

Batya said...

I can imagine. By car, it's nothing, but I was "tremping."