Thursday, July 09, 2009

Insulting! Disappointing, too.

I haven't been very coy about my age. And I certainly can't be if I want to enjoy the discounts.

My parents were always asked to show proof of age when they wanted the "senior discount." They've always, and still, look younger, much younger than their ages.

This week I finally began using my discount bus ticket (had to use up the old one first.) I was devistated. Nobody, not a single driver has questioned me about my rights to senior discounts!

4 comments:

A Soldier's Mother said...

Well...um...maybe they just figured with this economy, they should just let people get on and have a break. Personally, I definitely would check your ID if I was the driver...does that help?

Hope so - shabbat shalom
Paula

Batya said...

Paula, thanks. I've been told that the drivers don't really care. I guess that since there are fewer ticket inspectors, there's less of a chance that they'd be fined for allowing cheaters on the bus.

Risa Tzohar said...

um..., just how many times have you bought the tickets that you're making these statements???

Batya said...

Risa, anyone can buy them from the CBS ticket counter, but using them is the problem. I used my senior cartisiya on the bus a few times, and it was accepted.