Tuesday, July 28, 2009

F'Shvitz'd!

My Yiddish isn't all that good, but anyone who knows even a minimal amount of Yiddish, and you don't have to be Jewish, will understand the meaning.

Today's hot, and even if it's not a scorcher, I shouldn't have done so much walking. Three, too long to call them strolls, walks in Jerusalem.

And of course I haven't been drinking enough, nor eating enough. I can feel my body protesting. Even my knees, which have been enjoying the lighter load, 30 pounds (13 kilo) less, aren't happy.

And in 24 hours we start the 25 hour Tisha B'Av fast. I had better start rehydrating pronto!

3 comments:

Jew Wishes said...

Yes, keep hydrated! The heat can get you before you realize it.

Anonymous said...

May you have an easy and meaningful fast.

Batya said...

Jew wishes, that's the problem. Once I start walking, I don't take water breaks. Today I have to take it easy and drink a lot.
ilanadavita, thanks, you, too.