Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Did I, Or Didn't I?

The question concerns my washing machine. Yesterday morning, after it laundered a "heavy wash" (including pre-wash) at night, I turned off the switch, opened it and was flooded by water so smelly it was clear that none of the water had drained out at all.

So, I quickly closed the door and tried to get it going. The motor made noise, so I knew it was "alive," but the drum didn't spin and the exit hose didn't fill.

Next I tried cleaning the filter, and tons of stinky water flooded the house. I pushed the water out the doors, cleaning the tile floors at the same time. No wooden or pvc or lenolium floors here in my house, thank G-d.

I kept fooling with the dials and shaking the hose and clearing the filter and running the machine until the wash seemed clean enough to hang in the sun.

Then I gave it, and myself, a rest. I also queried my yishuv (community) yahoo list about washer repairmen. Today, I'll try laundering again. Let's see if the machine works. If not... I'll call in a washing machine doctor.

No comments: