Sunday, May 09, 2010

Controlling TV Addiction

We've had our years with TVs and without TVs.  And even the "with" years never provided us with much reception, a variety of shows.  For me, that's enough.  I don't like the feeling that I'm addicted to a TV program.

Now we have a simple satellite dish so my father can watch the news.  We only get a few stations, enough for our needs.  And we get a couple of stations with American TV series.  The various episodes are repeated a couple of times over the week, so I can usually though not always catch them all.  I've only allowed myself to get "attached to" a few shows, which we see on Fox Series.  They are:
  • E.R.  which we saw on some channel, maybe Jordan or Israel, when it was newer.  I must admit that it's even better second time around.  When we got the dish they were showing season 5 and then 6.  Now, we started over and got to 2.
  • Castle, an amazing show, like the old Remington Steele and Moonlighting.  I'd have to see the older shows to try to judge which is the best.
  • Boston Legal is hysterical, great comedy, acting etc.
That plus news and whatever other shows, movies, my own DVDs... enough!

4 comments:

rickismom said...

I do, think however that families with small children would be wise to limit TV time. As a child, my parents limited us to 2 hours a week. I am eternally greatfull.....

Batya said...

AMEN
They should limit, tv, video/dvd, computer and all sedentary activity, a oxymoron if ever there was. None of those are active and children should be physically active to build healthy adults.

Pesky Settler said...

We LOVE Castle (we're big Nathan Fillion fans).

Batya said...

Good taste, my dear, no surprise.