Monday, September 20, 2010

Impressive, But Easy Food Experiment

A few weeks ago, I had one of those kitchen/cooking disasters and had to dump the chopped meat I was going to cook for a fancy meal.  I needed to make something good enough to serve guests.  I ran down to the local grocers, actually a small supermarket, to find some easy to thaw meat.  I found a package of frozen chicken breasts.

I very simply layered the slices alternating with cut vegetables, mostly onions and peppers as you can see.  This was done in a nice ceramic baking dish.  I dribbled a bit of oil on top, covered it with foil and baked it.



For how long?  Sorry, I cook by smell and checked it periodically.

Yes, it was delicious, low carbohydrate, low calorie.  You can vary the vegetables and proportions etc.  If I had a covered ceramic baking dish it would be even better, more impressive and moister.  It just shows how easy it is to make fancy but easy meals.

3 comments:

Hadassa said...

Shalom!
I agree. I've found that the trick to fancy meals is attractive vegetables and creative sauces. Fortunately Israel is blessed with delicious vegetables year round.

~ Sarah ~ said...

looks good.

i'm planning to do something similar on sukkot.

Batya said...

Hadassa, I'm not a "sauce" person, just veggies and having some attractive (and actually inexpensive or good gifts) bake-serve pans.

~Sarah~ I'm sure it will be gorgeous and delicious!