Monday, September 20, 2010

Impressive, But Easy Food Experiment

A few weeks ago, I had one of those kitchen/cooking disasters and had to dump the chopped meat I was going to cook for a fancy meal.  I needed to make something good enough to serve guests.  I ran down to the local grocers, actually a small supermarket, to find some easy to thaw meat.  I found a package of frozen chicken breasts.

I very simply layered the slices alternating with cut vegetables, mostly onions and peppers as you can see.  This was done in a nice ceramic baking dish.  I dribbled a bit of oil on top, covered it with foil and baked it.



For how long?  Sorry, I cook by smell and checked it periodically.

Yes, it was delicious, low carbohydrate, low calorie.  You can vary the vegetables and proportions etc.  If I had a covered ceramic baking dish it would be even better, more impressive and moister.  It just shows how easy it is to make fancy but easy meals.

3 comments:

Hadassa said...

Shalom!
I agree. I've found that the trick to fancy meals is attractive vegetables and creative sauces. Fortunately Israel is blessed with delicious vegetables year round.

Sarah Likes Green said...

looks good.

i'm planning to do something similar on sukkot.

Batya said...

Hadassa, I'm not a "sauce" person, just veggies and having some attractive (and actually inexpensive or good gifts) bake-serve pans.

~Sarah~ I'm sure it will be gorgeous and delicious!