Sunday, September 12, 2010

Kosher Cooking Carnival for the Hungry

I'm posting this fifty-eighth 58th edition of the Kosher Cooking Carnival on Tzom Gedalia, and I am hungry!






If you'd like to host one, please contact me.  Posts can be sent via blog carnival.  KCC isn't just a kosher recipe carnival. 
  • It includes posts about Jewish Law, concerning kosher food of course.
  • Jewish food traditions
  • History of Kosher food
  • Restaurant and cookbook reviews
  • and recipes, kosher only
Please publicize KCC on your blog, site or just pass around the link.


Here's a listing of the previous editions: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, KCC Meta Carnival, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 525354, 55, 56 and 57.  Click on the numbers to check them out.


And here's the latest edition...


Anything Kosher!


Try Angela's chicken recipe.  It looks both easy and special.
Sharon's pictures of the Jerusalem Machane Yehuda shuk on a Friday make you feel like you're there with her.
Leora's potato salad looks so good I'm tempted to break my low-carbohydrate diet!
My drink of choice at HaGov, Jerusalem's Kosher Sports Bar and Grill, is beer, so I'm happy to see that Neil posted a list of kosher beers.
Here in Shiloh, we plan healthy and diet-friendly menus at joyous events like the party celebrating the expansion of our synagogue.
Some people depend on Trader Joe's kosher list. Is that one of the secrets to its success?


Dessert


Mara's no-bake chocolate pudding pie looks nice and easy.
This parfait is in Miriyummy's post which you must read!  I'd have no self control if let near such a treat.
Even though the Bima Ima is still in the baby business, she's making plans for being a bubbie.  Why not?
The simplest summer dessert is frozen mango!


Every day meals


jay3fer posted a very tempting bread and a pizza.  Try them out.
There's something special about Miriyummy's camping treats.


Diet Food


Keeping the weight off when traveling, the key is in the planning.
Iced Coffee doesn't have to be sweet, even when bought.  Check the menu.


Jewish Shabbat and Holiday Food


David Levy's Stuffed Acorn Squash looks very special.
Here's jay3fer's Grama’s Neapolitan Cake, perfect for a festive dairy meal.


Restaurant or Cookbook Reviews


We had a delicious and fun jblog f2f.
Here are three more New York kosher restaurants to check out.


Traditional Food


jay3fer tells about her Auntie Sally's Challah.
Mrs. S. makes a very tempting chopped liver.
For my son-in-law, the traditional Jewish Holiday meal is freshly cooked over an outdoor fire.  I cook everything in advance like for Shabbat.  Those are the two extremes.  What do you do?


Please blog about this edition of the Kosher Cooking Carnival.  Thanks

That concludes this edition. Submit your blog article to the next edition of kosher cooking carnival-kcc
using the
carnival submission formOnly kosher recipes will be included.  If the post has nothing to do with kosher, Jewish or Israeli food or blogs, it won't be included.

Past posts and future hosts can be found on our blog carnival index pageShare  Technorati tags: , .

13 comments:

Leora said...

Great job!

I'm sorry I'm making you hungry. You could make the potato salad with only one small potato and lots and lots of peas and red onion - then don't eat the potato. It's really good.

Looking forward to clicking on the other links.

Batya said...

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I see that I have missed it again. To make sure I don't forget about the next one, I have just sent my submission.
Thanks for the hard work Batya.

Phyllis Sommer said...

very nicely done, and thanks for including me! off to make myself hungry by reading all the posts... :-) shana tova!

Minnesota Mamaleh said...

yum, yum and more yum! love the round up!

Mara ~ Kosher on a Budget said...

Great job! Thank you so much for including my submission. Looking forward to getting some inspiration for Sukkot cooking among all these posts.

Jennifer in MamaLand said...

Thank you for the links and for doing this while hungry!
My Auntie Sally's challah recipe link is broken. Well, not broken, but it clicks through to your blog for some reason. :-)

Batya said...

Thanks to one and all; I couldn't have done it alone.

Jennifer, sorry, but it's already fixed.
ilanadavita, the best advice is to send to the jblog carnivals as soon as you post. Otherwise I'd forget.
Phyllis, enjoy, and thanks.
Minne ma, thank you!
Mara, glad to meet you.

Mrs. S. said...

Excellent job, and thanks for the link!

.צום קל ומועיל

Unknown said...

I could just do the shuk, it always seems popular. Thanks for the post and the chicken recipe, always looking for a new good idea.

Sharon A
The Real Jerusalem Streets

Batya said...

Mrs. S and Sharon, thank you!

David Levy said...

Thanks for including my link, but it's not my recipe. Dan Brosgol wrote the post, I'm just the editor. :) Shana tova and gmar tov to all!

Batya said...

David, you sent it in. Thanks