Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Thank G-d! A Baby Girl!!

Yes, we have a new granddaughter to add to the family.

I went to Jerusalem to meet her and stayed much longer in the hospital than planned.  One of the reasons was that my son-in-law was bringing the older kids for a short visit to meet their baby sister, so it seemed rather foolish to leave earlier.

It was one of those mellow days, when I just didn't care about the time.  That's part of the "new me."  For the past few decades I've been working hard at adopting that mindset.  I finally left hours after I had originally planned and over an hour after my "more realistic" plan.  But I didn't care, really.  I had hardly eaten all day and didn't feel hungry either.

As I was finally making my way out of Hadassa Ein Kerem, via their mall, suddenly I heard my name.  I looked around and saw neighbors.
"Are you going back to Shiloh?  Do you want a ride home?"
"Yes, thanks, wonderful!"
So I got a ride home, straight to my door!  Call it the icing on the cake, a fantastic end to a wonderful joyous day!!!

6 comments:

Hadassa said...

Shalom!
Mazal tov! What a great way to start the year!
And see what happens when you put time in its place?

rickismom said...

Mazel Tov!
It's called putting LIFE before housecleaning.....

Lady-Light said...

Mazal tov, mazal tov! I didn't know you had another grandchild on the way.
I also didn't know you were so obsessed with 'being on time.' Being what is termed "laid back" is much, much healthier.
The older I get, the more I just want to be a human being rather than a human doing.

(When will you know her name?)

Batya said...

Hadassa, B"H, so true!

rickismom, thanks, like the term

LL, thanks, well I don't blog everything that's happening. "Being on time?" I was always early. Now I know that I can't control life.
name? maybe Yom Kippur!

Mrs. S. said...

Mazal tov! May you have much nachat from your new granddaughter and from your entire family!

Batya said...

B"H, thanks