Saturday, October 09, 2010

Post-Holiday Kosher Cooking Carnival

Welcome to the 59th edition of the Kosher Cooking Carnival!!





Here are the previous editions of the Kosher Cooking Carnival:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, KCC Meta Carnival, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 525354, 55, 56, 57 and 58.  Click on the numbers to check them out.  Blog about them and visit the various links.


The Kosher Cooking Carnival KCC is a monthly blog carnival, a "round-up" of blog posts about all aspects of kosher food and cooking.  It includes Jewish Law, customs, kosher restaurants, cookbooks and kosher recipes, too.  Every month it's on another blog.  Next month Risa of Isramom is hosting it.  And the following month Mirj of Miriyummy will make her KCC debut.  If you'd like to host an edition, please contact me.


I'm sure I'm not the only one who has lost track of the days with all the holidays for almost a month.  Now it's back to business.  Enjoy in good health!


Anything Kosher!


Read about how Mirj gets a little help from her friends.
Get an eye full of Machane Yehuda!
Coffee, what's the best way to brew it?




Desserts


I try to control my cravings for sweets.  Do you have any tricks?


Diet Food


Ilana-Davita's Poached Salmon looks delicious.
It's surprisingly easy to stuff acorn squash.


economical use of left-overs


Mara presents 10 Creative Ways to Use Up Shabbat Leftovers


posted at Kosher on a Budget, saying, "Leftovers from Shabbat and Chag can be a great way to eat frugally for the coming week -- if you have a strategy for how to include them in your menu plan."
Leora's recommendation of her Basil Meatloaf looks good.
 
Jewish Shabbat and Holiday Food
 
Mirj posts Food Snob? Moi?  saying, "The antithesis of gourmet is still delicious enough for the holidays."  And for an extra treat, she posts her honey cake with a honey of a story.
BookishIma's  Tishrei Apple Cake looks great.  I think that I have the same baking pan.
Pre-fast food/menu is an important part of our Jewish kosher tradition.  What do you serve?
And after the fast Mara presents KOAB Recipe Exchange, Week 8: Favorite Break-the-Fast Foods (Peach Noodle Kugel,)  saying, "Peach Noodle Kugel... and other dairy dishes for breaking the fast. This one turned out amazing... I could have eaten the topping all night. Low fat, however, it was not!"
Mirj's Succot post has lots of great things  and included her recipe for "unstuffed cabbage."  And read about her "Headless Chicken."
JewishBoston has a nice sweet carrot recipe.  It has butter, but I'm sure you can substitute olive oil or margarine.
I've discovered a way to make Sort of Buffalo Wings.  My husband likes them.
Mrs. S's Savory Sweet Potato Kugel looks tempting!
A Simple Jew reveals:  Why am I a "Weekday Vegetarian"?
This isn't vegetarian, but it's easy to make!
 
Restaurant or Cookbook Reviews
 
What would you consider the three top Jewish Cookbooks?  Lisa Rose lists hers here.
My friend and I had a great deal of a meal at Cafe Mizrachi in the shuk.
 
I hope you've enjoyed it.  Please publicize The Kosher Cooking Carnival. Write about it and send out the links.  No less important is to visit the blogs included.  This is a joint venture.  Thanks to all who sent in links.   Submit your blog article to the next edition of kosher cooking carnival-kcc using the carnival submission form. Past posts and future hosts can be found on our carnival index page.

If corrections are needed, please let me know, thanks!




Technorati tags: , .

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Batya for including my post (and thanks to Ruti who gave me the recipe in the first place).

Risa Tzohar said...

Nice job, looking forward to hosting Kislev!

Batya said...

Ilanadavita, Risa, thanks!

Wow! I hadn't even sent out a mailing about it!

Phyllis Sommer said...

everything looks so delish :-)

i added it to the haveil havalim too!

Batya said...

Double thanks!! Can't wait to see your HH.

Anonymous said...

Great collection, and wasn't I busy?

Like Risa, I'm looking forward to hosting, but for Tevet!

Mara ~ Kosher on a Budget said...

Thanks for including me! Great job on the round up. Looking forward to reading all the other recipes.

Mrs. S. said...

Wonderful job, and thanks for the link!

Shavua tov and chodesh tov!

Batya said...

mirj, Mrs. S, and Mara, thanks for participating!

Eric said...

There is only one Kosher restaurant in my state, it is good to have such a great resource!

David from JewishBoston.com said...

Thanks for including us!

Anonymous said...

Wow, so much good stuff here! I don't know where to start. Thanks for including me!

Batya said...

Eric, David, iosm, thank you! KCC is a joint effort, and I appreciate all the help I get.