Sunday, August 31, 2008

And Another Dumb Question

I don't have one of those "sign up and receive my posts the minute they're posted" things/services on my blogs. What are they, RSS? I once had something, but it didn't really do anything, so I took it off the sidebar. Yes, I know that some people use some google thing and have "live updates" on their sidebar. Others have these little "updated" signs that show up on their blogroll. I never got into all that.

A reader asked me to set something up. Nu? Any suggestions? I prefer something free which I don't have to deal with, but something which will give me info when I'm curious. Yes, it must be free. I spend enough time blogging, and "time is money."

I wish there was a way of reorganizing my blogroll according to alphabetical order. It was pretty dumb of me to start it as a mess, and as it grows, the idea of reorganizing it becomes less and less possible. As I just said:
I spend enough time blogging, and "time is money."
And now for another busy day.
  • The pool
  • Meeting a visiting cousin, whom I haven't seen in twenty years. He's here with his wife and young daughter.

6 comments:

Risa Tzohar said...

HI,
I'll see you later at the tel (B"H).
I can help you with the RSS thing. If we can't do it today I'll help you over the phone.
Love

frumhouse said...

Blogger has all of these new neat plug-ins. Just go to the Layout section of your blog and click on Add a Gadget. There is an option to add RSS feeds.

I redid my blogroll with bloggers new blogroll with updates. I had to reenter everything and I'm sure I forgot some blogs, but I am slowly re-adding and adding more as I go along.

I love the blogroll with updates - it's like having my own personal jrants right on my blog - I use it every day for myself, and I notice my readers are using it too, according to my outclicks. It's much more dynamic than just having the links on the side, what with the time stamp and the first few lines of the post included.

Juggling Frogs said...

Check out Feedburner.com

It is free and is multi-platform and easy to configure.

Google bought them earlier this year, and now the integration with blogger is even more seamless.

Batya said...

Risa, it was great seeing you. Thanks.

frumh, jf, my blogs still are with old templates, and I don't have all the advantages of the new. I guess the time is to change it. Thanks for all the good ideas.

PinkDevora said...

I use Bloglines to read all my blogs (you don't have to publish an RSS feed for it as blogspot does it automatically). I also use Bloglines to publish my blogroll automatically. It's really simple! Try it!

I've never commented before. Love your blog.

Batya said...

thanks, pink, how are you? I see that nothing's posted recently.