Thursday, August 14, 2008

Strange



Very unusual. Maybe I just didn't do enough yesterday, but I was strangely invigorated and went to bed much later than usual. Even worse, I had trouble getting up this morning and even pressed the "snooze" on my alarm aka cellphone.

Now that we're in post-Tisha B'Av mode and no more mourning restrictions, I'm finally trying to watch some of the movies I bought in NY. One was actually relatively recent, Dreamgirls. That Jennifer Hudson really is something! And I must say that the acting is great. Of course it's a sort of old fashioned type of plot.



And the singing....WOW!
Lots has been written about the similarities to the Supremes, but according to this, there are more differences, but the Supremes weren't the only pop group. And many had similar stories, so I'm sure that if you research enough, you can find something to back up every part of the plot.

2 comments:

therapydoc said...

I also take awhile to get back to normal after the fast. But I think it's the whole 3 weeks. Have a good shabbas.

Batya said...

Considering that I'm finally recovered from my jetlag...
Thanks for the visit, must get moving...
Shabbat Shalom