Thursday, August 07, 2008

There's a Catch

A couple of years ago, when I was just starting to try to post pictures on my blogs, I got all sorts of advice from other bloggers about free picture hosting services. There's picasa and Flickr and photobucket etc. As you can see on my sidebar, I tried a few. Now I use mostly Photobucket or just blogger from the computer memory or cd.

After a couple of months, flickr ticked me off by telling me that I had over-used their free service for the month. I didn't know that they limit monthly pictures. Now, I've gotten a letter saying that I've almost reached my total limit of 200, and if I want more, I must pay.

Stick with Photobucket. They haven't gone after me demanding money. It's also easier to use. The posting codes are on the main page, and there's a quick way to upload photos.

No comments: