Monday, November 22, 2010

Bad News

It didn't rain.  I had been hoping and praying that yesterday's demonstration would reward us with a few hours of rain, but it didn't.

In all honesty, I can't put a happy face on our present situation, not the political one, nor our water, or lack of it.  I don't see any public  or private admission or recognition by Israel politicians, media etc.  After a few weeks with the fan turned off, I had to turn it back on again.  Yes, it's that hot.  Hot as Hell, I must admit.

Here are a few seconds of Israeli singer, Ariel Zilber, at yesterday's demonstration.  From the look of the sky, you'd think it July or August.



Zilber is one of the growing list of Israeli entertainers to become Torah observant in recent years.  He is also unabashedly Right, pro-Jews in the Land of Israel and was a big anti-Disengagement activist.

4 comments:

Hadassa said...

Shalom!
I finally got around to calling the repairman for my clothes dryer, not that I've needed it yet. I did a trial run when the rainy season was supposed to start because the heating element seemed to be weakening last winter; it was. My situation reminded me of a story of two women, both married many years, who received a blessing to have children. One gave birth within a year. She was the one who bought a baby carriage in anticipation.
How many of us are relying on the warm, OK hot, days for drying laundry, planning trips, events etc.?

Batya said...

A few years ago, when I was tremping to Beit El to work, I decided to make a personal sacrifice and not take an umbrella. I was will to get soaked for the good of our nation and Land.

Hadassa said...

Shalom!
The repairman came today and fixed the dryer. Now I can pray for rain without the slightest twinge of fear that my prayers might be answered at an importune time. The repairman mentioned that he had received many calls in the past few weeks (after people hadn't used their dryers for six months).

(I don't mind getting soaked, but I like knowing that I won't have trouble having dry clothes for baby.)

Batya said...

a modern eshet chayil