Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Cashing In, Frozen Foods

Months ago, I cooked extra a few times and froze the food.  I'm talking about kugels, meatloaf and chicken.  Tomorrow I have too much planned, and tomorrow is Thursday, and Thursday is my for-Shabbat cooking day.

So, this week I'm going to cash it in and defrost.  That also means that I don't have to buy more meat/poultry, since I won't be cooking anything "new."  Friday I can do my usual vegetable cooking.

And then after Chanuka, which is really soon, I have to do my usual pre-Passover inventory and see what there is waiting to be cooked/eaten, whatever.

When the house was full of kids and the freezer and pantry smaller, I could start going into pre-Pesach mode around Purim.  But now we're only two in the house, and now we're both on diets, so I have to figure out what to do with all the food.

This year there's an Adar Bet, so there's more time...

No comments: