Thursday, November 25, 2010

I Never Thought I'd Be Able To Say This:

I no longer look fat from the back.  What do you think?


Exactly two years ago, I weighed at least thirty pounds or about fifteen kilo more, and I was obese.  A photo of my back had looked very different.  I certainly wouldn't have posted it on my blogs.

Recently I ran into a friend I hadn't seen for awhile:
"I didn't recognize you at first!  You've lost so much weight.  Your face has changed."
Music to me ears...  And I must admit that each time I see this picture I don't recognize it as me.  Of course I know it's me.  Only I have a skirt like that.  A neighbor pasted the sticker onto my backpack and took the picture with my camera.  But still, I look at it in shock:
"Who is she?  I don't look like that.  Do I?"

4 comments:

rickismom said...

Yeah, its fun isn't it? (GRIN)

Jennifer in MamaLand said...

Beautiful "back side"! :-)))

Sigh... I lost a lot of weight two years ago and got all the compliments etc. Then piled on excuse after excuse, pound after pound, and it is MORE than back.

I know I looked so much better then. Now, I get mistaken for my mother all the time. :-(

Lady-Light said...

By the time I get to Israel, I hope I'll be able to say the same thing. Kol haKavod, Batya!

Batya said...

rickismom, I trust that you're enjoying the results of your diet.
Jennifer, I'd love to help you find the right way to keep the weight off.
ll, waiting, too!