Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Photography's For Me, Because I Won't Compete With G-d


I may have mentioned this before.  When I was a kid, I wanted to be an artist, but whatever I tried to draw or paint, no matter what the medium, it looked awful.  Nothing I made ever came out the way I had envisioned in my mind.  So, I gave up on "art."  About ten to twenty plus years ago I did a lot of needlepoint and even designed some simple ones for the family and house.  No great shakes as art, but they kept my hands busy when that was what I needed.

Over the years I've made a discovery.  Nothing is as beautiful as G-d's creations.  Photography preserves them...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have done great!

Hadassa said...

Shalom!
Photography is definitely art; you can even major in it at art school. It's a shame no-one told you that when you were in school.
Check out Ansel Adams for inspiration - his photography is all black/white!

Batya said...

My sister has her two degrees in art/photography. She's 6 years younger and was always encouraged in art.

Batya said...

Harry, thank you