Thursday, November 04, 2010

Redecorating

The Bima Ima has redone her blog, and it's gorgeous.


For the longest time I've wanted to change my blog templates to the new type which would modernize the look and give me the option to add all sorts of fun features.  I tried doing it on my own a few times and failed, found it too frustrating.  I'm one of the most veteran bloggers still blogging on. 


Quite a number of years ago, Akiva fixed up both templates and ~Sarah~ designed my banners.  But today, I feel like I'm blogging on a jalopy.  It's time for a trade-in.


No, I'm not planning on leaving "blogger." Blogspot has lots of new features and it's all for free.  My f2f friend and fellow blogger, Risa, has volunteered to help me switch these old buggies for modern new hybrids.  So, G-d willing on the 30th of Cheshvan Rosh Chodesh Kislev, after Women's Prayers at Tel Shiloh we'll be giving my blogs new looks, face-lifts.


Rosh Chodesh Kislev Women's Prayers at Tel Shiloh
Sunday, November 7 · 9:30am - 10:30am
תפילת נשים
There will also be a Dvar Torah
ראש חודש כסלו
תל שילה
יום א' ל' חשון
7-11 9:30
יהיה דבר תורה, בע"ה
נא לפסם ולהזמין נשים
Please spread the word and invite others


Tel Shiloh is open for tours and visitors. For more information contact telshilo@gmail.com  

4 comments:

Danielle Lee said...

They say a change is as good as a holiday.
I will miss the familiar look of your blogs but at the same time look forward to seeing your new look! :)

Batya said...

We'll probably start off keeping it pretty similar. I just want the advantages of the new template. I don't hate the look of my blogs.

Phyllis Sommer said...

Thanks for the shout-out! I do love my new header, I totally "borrowed" the idea from some beautiful ones I've seen around the blogosphere.

I agree with you - Blogger (aka Google) keeps getting better and better. There are so many awesome features, I certainly am not willing to switch away from it yet...most of the features are remarkably easy to use, I'm sure once Risa shows you, you'll be able to do almost anything! My favorite parts are the ability to resize the widths, so we're no longer bound by the narrow columns of some of the original templates.

Good luck!!!!

Batya said...

Thanks! I'm really looking foward to it.