Monday, July 10, 2006

I can't really take it easy


Yesterday, after posting "Kookie, Kookie Lend me your comb," aka HH #77, I went off to Jerusalem for a family celebration. DS#1's 25th birthday party hosted by DD#1.

The logistics were pretty simple, sort of. I had to get to Ofra, during the time of the day when there's no bus service, in order to meet DD#2 and the two GDs and ride shotgun with them to Jerusalem. No gun, just to be another adult in the car with one 16 months and the other 3 years, there's a limit to the driver's concentration.

Of course, considering how long I waited for a ride, I could have taken in the already dry wash and a few other little, but necessary, chores, but that's the problem with the Siyata D'Shmaya (In the Hands Of Heaven) transportation company. I guess I have to increase my faith. I did trust that I'd get there on time, and I was exactly on time, and I wasted a ton of time waiting. So I could have had done everything at home first. That's what happens when one panics. I even forgot to take my latest crocheting project.

by the time I got to Ofra, my daughter said that she still needed "a few more minutes," so I went to their local grocers and bought a nice Golan white, semi-dry, which was a hit at the party! Then I waited in the shade until they came by.

On the way we popped into "Shifon," the big bakery in Adam; there's now a branch in Gush Etzion, Neve Daniel. I bought some exciting breads, olive oil/whole wheat and a bag of simple pitot.

Then we went to Jerusalem to meet a visiting cousin and then to the party. All my kids, grandchildren in one room. Very nice, Baruch Hashem. Sorry, no group picture. DD#1 had bbq-ing on the merpeset (terrace.) There were also tons of salads and other goodies.

Big task for today is to prepare my presentation for ETAI. I should have done it weeks ago.

G-d willing, it'll all get done. And if I'm a good girl, I can go to the pool as the sun sets...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the presentation. No handouts - as usual?
I will be at a session about the international literature program at the same time, but I hope one of the teachers from our school will see your presentation.
sara g

Batya said...

Actually it's all handouts, yuch! But I'm putting it online. Afterwards.

It's not fair that they put me at the same time as so many better sessions.