Wednesday, July 19, 2006

In good hands

My trip to NY is getting closer, and I don't feel ready, but I never do before going. Some of it is technical. I just have too much to do. And I didn't do it, and I don't know when I can. Life gets so complicated.

I still have to do my "travel insurance" and pick up some medication for my mother. I was in the pharmacy, and as usual they didn't have the full quantity. That' what happens when I'm buying for three months or so.

The more I go, the less I put into the gifts to bring. Years ago I made such an effort to buy special things for all sorts of relatives. My list has shrunk, partially because so many on the original list are dead already. Remember we made aliyah in 1970, long before most of you bloggers were born. Now I bring just a few minimal things, and this year even less, since it's my 4th visit in a year, OK 13 months. Last summer I brought everyone fancy soaps that my neighbors make. I'll reveal this summer's gift once I'm home. Some people actually both know me and read the blog.

I guess I ought to give washing machine lessons to the men in the family who will have to do their own wash for a few weeks.

And at least I've left this blog in good hands. Isramom and Sarah have both blogged here already, and I'm sure you agree that me-ander will be even better than usual.

I'm not gone yet, still have to finish Kosher Cooking Carnival, and there's Shabbat and then......

No comments: