Monday, July 17, 2006

Meanwhile...

...back at the ranch, as the saying goes...

Everything's upside down. There are still Israelis afraid to come here to Shiloh, but it's Haifa being bombed and Tel Aviv being warned.

Today I have a second session, at least I only committed to attend two of the much longer series, of "professional training seminars" for English Teachers in the Mateh Binyamin Local Council. It's being held in Psagot, a "suburb" of Ramaallah. Originally the entrance was via mid-town Ramaallah, which was also the route "up north" to Shiloh. Our old road then passed Beit El and the "refugee camp," Jelazoon before we got to Shiloh.

They sent an enormous school bus to get us yesterday, even though we would have had room to spare in a transit/van, but they saved money by only offering tea and coffee.

I'm in a rush to get ready, so let's suffice with a simple description: BORING, WASTE OF TIME. At least I brought some crocheting and sat with an old friend who was crocheting her "first hat." We had a fine time together, and I promised to bring her a selection of my hats and to teach her more. At least she'll be learning something. I have more projects packed for today.

And my sons' friend (yes two sons have same friend) brought me his newly purchased Canon A620, and the deal in Jerusalem is very tempting. I'd rather get it here.

No comments: