Friday, January 08, 2010

Apple Green



I'm not quite sure that's the name used for it, but it seems to be a big color of late.  My NY daughter carries around a gorgeous leather bag of that color.  And somehow I bought (when last in NY) a shimmery nail polish which I actually wear a lot.

I like it much better than red or pink.  I should have gotten a whiskey-champagne color, which is more neutral.

I was surprised when a neighbor exhibited surprise/revulsion at the color.  It had never occurred to me that she was so staid and conservative about these things.  Of course, most of my neighbors would never wear any nail polish that you could notice.  I used to hate my hands, but I can bear them when I have the right nail polish.

I hope it looks OK with what I've planned for Shabbat, a brown herring-bone vintage suit for tonight and black with a fancy cherry red cardigan for Shabbat day.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you have a ny daughter?

Batya said...

yes, though she makes a point of being nothing like me

Sara Layah said...

I love the funky green nail polish -
wear it in good health!

Batya said...

Thanks, from your funky friend!