Saturday, January 23, 2010

New Version of My Simply Easy One Bowl Cake

My classic easy cake is a "white cake," or yellow, plain for sure, though it's the basis for almost any type of cake you want from fruit to chocolate.  I'm lazy.  I don't like complicated things nor memorizing a lot.

Last week  I decided to bake a cake, but I didn't have the brown sugar I like to use to moisten the wholewheat flour.  Then I remembered that I had juice syrup/concentrate, mango flavor.  I bought it a few months ago, and we never use it.  The time had come to experiment!

I cut the amount of sugar in half, a quarter of the amount per flour instead of half.  And I added the syrup as about a quarter of the water/liquid.
Basic Recipe--to be multiplied
1 cup flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 spoon baking powder
1/6 cup oil
1/6 cup fruit syrup
1/3 cup water
1 egg
additional flavors, diced fruit, etc optional

The cake was delicious, moist and more attractive than most!  This is definitely one of the easiest cake recipes you can do.  Of course, since some syrups are less or more sweet, you can adjust the relative amounts of water and syrup, as long as you have about a half a cup per every cup of flour.

I must try it without sugar, only using syrup.  If you do, please let me know how it comes out.  Thanks

No comments: