Sunday, June 13, 2010

Not Wasting Food and Self-Protection

Nu, what's the connection?






Just over last year, we had a whole hullabaloo here when a snake was spied sun-bathing on our roof.





The snake catcher I hired reminded me that if we had a cat, we'd be more protected, also from scorpions and other dangers.

Well, I'm not willing to adopt a cat again.  We used to have a pet cat for many years, but the kids were in charge.

shiloh

The next best thing is leaving some food out for strays which can also get very territorial.  So I do that on occasion.

4 comments:

Jennifer in MamaLand said...

Eek! I don't want to see a snake ever, ever, EVER that is not behind glass in a zoo. I pretend to my kids that I don't fear them, but I do. I'm slightly allergic to cats, but still... seems to beat the alternative.
Was this one poisonous? I assume so, or perhaps you could have trapped it yourselves?

Pesky Settler said...

Looks like the snake had a snack before it got caught.

I totally agree with tdensistahe cat thing. We'd LOVE to have a cat but some of us are allergic.

RivkA with a capital A said...

we encouraged stray cats 2 visit our garden. that ended our mouse problem. we thought we were so clever.... until we got ticks

Batya said...

Jen, Pesky, RivkA, from a distance it looked poisonous, so we called the expert. A neighbor's son could have done it, but his mother claimed he didn't do it any more. Afterward he called back very disappointed, but I couldn't wait.

When we had a cat, we didn't have any of those pests.