Saturday, June 26, 2010

Why Am I Not In The Picture?

On Friday my cousin (yoohoo, are you lurking?) was visiting to see my father and she mentioned a picture that our youngest cousin had sent her.  My mother had found it when cleaning out the house, gave it to him, and he scanned and sent it out.  They all thought it rather strange that everyone but me and that youngest cousin are in it. 

So they all tried to figure out why I was missing.  It seemed rather strange. 

I asked her to describe the picture, which she did in great detail.  Suddenly, I knew exactly why I wasn't in the picture.





What's your guess?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You weren't born yet?

Yona said...

You were the photographer?

Batya said...

a, thanks, but I'm second oldest.

yona, you're most probably right. I'm pretty sure I took the picture. The more I see it the more familiar it seems, and it's my sort of composition.

Jennifer in MamaLand said...

Drat, I'm late and my guess was already taken - and wrong. Good photo, though, if it is yours!

Batya said...

Jennifer, thanks, I'm sure I took it. I have others from the same time period. In those days we only took one per pose. It was all so expensive. That helped me develop a very good eye. To this day I rarely take more than one or two of a scene. And of course I don't crop.