Monday, June 07, 2010

It Would Have Been Nice...

From how my husband had explained his plans for today I thought that maybe I could get to Ofra and see the grandkids in the afternoon.  Last year I had helped with them about twice a week, and this year I rarely see them.  Sandwiched me, I'm busy in the other direction caring for my father.

So, I called my daughter and told her that I hoped to be over for a bit of a visit.

Then the group my husband was speaking to was a bit late and his time with them ended up having a late lunch in Ofra, so, of course, I told him that if he's already there, he should see the kids.

And that's what happened.  The kids saw a grandparent, but the grandparent wasn't me.

Another time, G-d willing.

4 comments:

Lady-Light said...

I can't imagine how difficult it is for you to be the "sandwich" generation. My parents passed away long ago...but I so am wishing for the day when I can be there to help my kids and take care of my grandkids.

Batya said...

You have a much tougher situation being so far away. I hope it didn't sound like I was complaining.

Jew Wishes said...

I'm sorry that YOU weren't the visiting grandparent. ):

You have a tough situation, and I empathize, having been there with my mother.

Batya said...

Thanks, JW, yes, I know I'm not unique in this. It's part of life.