Simply put, there 's a mystique concerning stuffed vegetables, like homemade blintzes.
I'm wrong; yes, I admit it. Stuffed peppers, tomatoes and even squash if you have a grapefruit spoon are amazingly easy to make.
Mix your chopped meat as if you're making meatloaf.
- For a pound or half a kilo of meat:
- Dice an onion, add an egg and a generous squeeze of ketchup or tomato paste and garlic
- If you're stuffing tomato or squash, add whatever you've had to take out when emptying them
- Open up the vegetables you're stuffing and put them in your baking dish
- Stuff 'em, you'll be amazed at how far a bit of chopped meat goes
- Cover with foil and bake
PS You can stretch the meat with starchy additives like rice etc. You can enrich it with parsley, oregano, whatever you like.