Sunday, June 13, 2010

Chodesh Tammuz Tov, KCC So Humbly Served


It's hard to believe that this is the fifty-fifth edition of the Kosher Cooking Carnival.  I wish to thank all those who have volunteered to host it and all those who've sent in posts.  I firmly believe that there's a need for a blog carnival concentrating on all aspects of kosher food, Jewish Law, cooking and eating.  Please continue to send in your posts and volunteer to host and of course promote the blog carnival in all ways possible.

To view previous editions, click on any of the following links: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, KCC Meta Carnival, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 5253 and 54.

Here it is:

anything kosher!

rickismom presents Coriander and Parsley Condiment posted at Beneath the Wings.
Hannah presents Oil-Based Pie Crust | Cooking Manager posted at Cooking Manager, saying, "Thank you!"
Soccer Dad presents Alphabet soup posted at Soccer Dad.
The chossid, my former Stern roommate,  shows a yummy Israeli breakfast.

desserts

Batya presents Mobbed posted at me-ander.

economical use of left-overs

Ilana-Davita presents Bread Pudding posted at Ilana-Davita.

Every day meals

Mimi presents great fish posted at Israeli Kitchen.
Jay3fer presents First garden supper: Kale! And a delicious new soup. posted at Adventures in Mama-Land, saying, "Fresh, local, easy..."
Jay3fer presents Adventures in Mama-Land: The easiest fresh garden tomato rosé sauce for pasta posted at Adventures in Mama-Land, saying, "Easy, fresh, local... a family favourite!"
Leora Wenger presents Millet, JPIX, KCC and Upcoming posted at Here in HP.
Ilana-Davita presents Marinaded Turkey posted at Ilana-Davita.
Mom's Gazpacho looks good.

Jewish Shabbat and Holiday food

sheva presents Lets talk Challah posted at My Shtub, saying, "challah!"
Mirjam Weiss presents Viva La Diva posted at Miriyummy, saying, "What started out as a one-time request may now turn into a regular feature on our Shabbat table." 
I finally discovered the secret to stuffing vegetables.

Restaurant or Cookbook Reviews

Batya presents Brunch Treats posted at me-ander.
There's are times when dieting isn't on the menu.

traditional food

Jenny Horowitz presents Matzo Ball Soup posted at Jenny Learns to Cook, saying, "If you got the recipe for Matzo Ball Soup out of a book, it's wrong. It must be from your mother. This is from mine."
BookishIma presents Blintzes three ways posted at In our small garden

I usually spend my Rosh Chodesh mornings at Tel Shiloh, instead I'm composing this Kosher Cooking Carnival and minding my elderly father.

If you can host a future edition of KCC, please let me know shilohmuse at gmail dot com

The next KCC will be beneath the wings, a wonderful blog worth visiting.

That concludes this edition. Submit your blog article to the next edition of kosher cooking carnival-kcc using our carnival submission form. Past posts and future hosts can be found on our blog carnival index page.



13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Batya for including my posts.
Great job!

Anonymous said...

Great selection of posts, thanks. I even discovered a new blog or two...

Batya said...

Thanks to you both. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Leora said...

Thank you for hosting, managing and doing this lovely KCC. Loved the photos, especially the blue basket of oranges.

Mrs. S. said...

Wonderful job, and thanks for the link!

Shavua tov and chodesh tov!

Batya said...

thanks
Leora, they're apricots; I should have labeled them.
Mrs. S my pleasure.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Batya! I was wondering if anyone else reading KCC does South Beach, and would be interested in trading recipes?

Batya said...

a, I don't know. Good luck

Pesky Settler said...

Beautiful presentation as usual!

Will link in my blog and on FB.

Anonymous said...

I love this carnival!

Batya said...

Pesky, thanks!
Elianah, it is a great carnival; I'm very proud of how it has worked out. There is a need.

Lady-Light said...

Ok, Batya. (I answered your comment on my blog)I linked it. Please send me a notice each time it publishes. Neither my D.H. nor I have written anything about cooking in a long time; maybe I'll contribute, soon...

Batya said...

Thanks for the link, m'dear. And you've been on the list for a long time. Maybe my mail got mislayed in spam.