Sunday, June 13, 2010

Better Mincha (Afternoon Prayers) Than No Tel At All

Note the long shadows.


Long afternoon shadows.

For a few years already, I've made every effort to walk down the mile plus, two kilometers to Tel Shiloh on Rosh Chodesh, the first of the Jewish Month.  Rosh Chodesh is considered a "women's holiday," and Biblical Shiloh is the location where Chana prayed for a son who would lead the Jewish People.  The basic laws for Jewish Prayer are derived from how she prayed.  Nu, what site could be better for our prayers?

This morning I couldn't leave the house, because I take care of my elderly father.  So, I prayed the Rosh Chodesh morning prayers at home.  Then close to six, someone came over to visit my father.  She said she had enough time.  So, I went down to Tel Shiloh to pray.

Have a good month.

5 comments:

Chayah Nechama said...

hodesh tov :)

Batya said...

thanks and to you, too

Risa Tzohar said...

חודש טוב!

Minnesota Mamaleh said...

lovely picture and sentiment. i'm glad that you got to go to that spot. it seems to exude spirituality!! chodesh tov to you!

Batya said...

Risa, חודש טוב to you, too

Minne Ma, G-d willing you'll visit when you get to Israel. It is strongly spiritual... chodesh tov!