Sunday, June 27, 2010

Confusion In The Air

It's late June and should be hot.  It has been hot, though not recently.  When I went to the pool on Thursday, I was the first to arrive even though it had been open for an hour already.  Yesterday afternoon, when I took a walk, I needed to go back home for a heavy sweater.

That bodes badly for a nice "swim" this morning.  I wonder how warm the water will be and if there will be a cold, chilly breeze blowing.

We have a very short pool season here in Shiloh, just three months.  Of those three months, the pool is closed not only on Shabbat.  It's also closed on the fast day of the 17th of Tammuz, which is this Tuesday and then it's closed for the first ten days of Av, a period of mourning according to Jewish Law.  I try to schedule my visits to the states to include those ten days in Av.

G-d willing my neighbor will be over to stay with my father this morning so I can get some "swimming" in.  If it's chilly, I won't stay all that long.

No comments: