Monday, October 09, 2006

Yes, must rethink things

People ask me how I have time to blog so much. Honestly, I don't really have so much time. Yes, it's a problem. It would be one thing if I really had lots of people reading my blog, but the recent holidays have reduced numbers. Strange timing. I'm hosting both Havel Havelim and the Kosher Cooking Carnival in the upcoming weeks.

So how at this point can I be pondering the value of the time I invest in blogging?

Am I wasting my time?

Should I refocus my blogging?

I love to write and have a lot to say, whether it's politics, religion, education or other topics. I also love to take pictures, and I love the graphic challenges of blogging.

But then I wonder. Who really is my audience? Some of my posts, especially the recipes are constantly being visited by people who found them via searches. It's the same with some of the political posts on shiloh musings, especially questioning leadership.

I really enjoy and value being part of this international community of bloggers. I'm not about to give it up; I just want to make it more efficient.

Am I the only one with these questions?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I ask myself the same question daily Muse, blogs are so time consuming, and when your readership drops, the comments stop flowing you pause in the silence and wonder? Answer: I don't know when you get an answer tell me!
[p.s] I read your blog! [so don't feel so abandoned]

Aaron

Batya said...

thanks, bb,

It's probably just the holidays...
I do love writing, and sometimes keeping things, especially the politics, all bottled up isn't good.

Baleboosteh said...

I also notice a dramatic slow down on visitors during the holidays.

I enjoy reding your blog and try to keep up even around the holidays :D

Batya said...

thanks
I'm sure that the holidays are part of it, so doing the two carnivals must be a good way to get back into business next week.