Thursday, March 19, 2009

A Different "Megillah"

It's hard to believe that just last week was Purim and here in Shiloh, we read, or listened to, Megillat Esther four times. After twenty-seven years in Shiloh, celebrating double Purim is easy and natural. I can't even imagine it as only one day.

A "megillah" is a "scroll" or "story." The book of Ruth, read on Shavuot, is also called a "megillah." But the "megillah" in the title here is a different one entirely. I'm referring to the Gantseh Megillah, a monthly internet magazine on Jewish topics. Take a look. There's a very broad range of writers to choose from.

Enjoy

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you Batya for the publicity of my online magazine, the Gantseh Megillah. I would be delighted to have your blog readers follow your link and become subscribers. I assume they all know that you are a featured writer in my humble, yet widely read publication.

Batya said...

Thanks Michael, I hope my readers do subscribe!