Monday, March 16, 2009

I Wish I Could Get One Of Those

Yesterday afternoon the computer maven made a home visit and added extra memory to our old pc. It had been working so slowly, like it was drugged or in early stages of senility. I had to keep looking for things to do between pressing buttons, aka tapping the keys, and seeing whatever on the screen. I keep a nail file, tweezers and nail polish next to the keyboard, so there's always something to do.

This computer was first bought twelve years ago, a couple of months after my baby's Bar Mitzvah. There isn't much left in original parts. According to the maven's records, it had a major make-over about seven years ago. A lot of people would consider a seven year old computer a "museum item," but I don't believe in dumping anything that still works. And we certainly can't afford to buy anything right now.

Bli eyin haraa, don't let the evil eye get at it, our olde trusty pc is processing much more quickly than before. The "transplanted" memory has certainly made a difference. I wish that humans could be rejuvenated as easily...

No comments: