Friday, March 27, 2009

Cold Feet

My feet are vety sensitive to the cold, as are my hands and my legs and I guess, I'm sensitive to the cold all over.

Well, last night I went to a wedding. It was here in Shiloh at the yeshiva. The couple are olim immigrants from the FSU. The hesder yeshiva here in Shiloh and Machon Meir were involved with it. The entire yishuv was invited. It was beautiful, and bli neder, G-d willing, I'll post pictures. There was one big cold problem. The chuppah (wedding canopy/ceremony) was outdoors. Now I'm suffering from cold feet and stiff knees. My knees are worse than usual. I try to be very careful, not straining them, but last night's chill hurts now.

blogger's spellcheck is taking a break, so sorry for typos

4 comments:

Keli Ata said...

I'm sorry to hear you're not feeling well.

Do you know what causes this reaction to cold? If the condition hasn't been diagnosed you might want to discuss the possibility of it being Raynaud's Disease with your physician.

The symptoms sound a lot like Raynaud's.

Hope you feel better soon:)

Batya said...

thanks
What's that, Raynaud's Disease?

Keli Ata said...

Raynaud's is an arthritis related condition caused by the constriction of blood vessels, usually precipitated by exposure to cold.

You can read more here:

http://arthritis.about.com/od/raynauds/p/raynauds_facts.htm

Batya said...

Thanks it makes sense.
When I was a young mother in Jerusalem, I started having trouble with swollen toes and fingers. I went to a dermotoligist who said that it was "chilblains," and I should be careful about getting cold.

I wear gloves a lot and even have some leather ones I can wear to shul and turn pages with them on. I also keep a small "rug" in my box to stand on if I'm cold. Floors here are awful. The worst is standing on the cold ground like I did Thursday night, in the wrong shoes. I guess I'm going to have to invest in warmer shoes.