Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Only A Woman...

More specifically, only a woman of a certain age could have come up with such a solution.

The problem was that my shoes, then socks then feet, got wet between buses on the way to my final Matan, Prophets Tour. At our first "pit stop," I tried to buy new socks. Davka, I had thought of bringing an extra pair, but I was afraid I'd miss the bus, the 6am bus to Jerusalem.

I was hoping that the driver would have the heat on high, but he didn't find it cold. I was suffering.

Then my friend came up with a totally creative solution. She insisted that she was well-stocked, as many women over a certain age must be, with... panty liners. She instructed me to take off my shoes and socks and place a liner in each shoe, so that my feet would be cushioned on something dry. So, that's what I did. I hung my socks to dry in the bus and went around the whole day with my feet on the panty liners.

Yes, only a woman would think of it!

No comments: