Monday, March 23, 2009

Digital Scale?

The ladies in my Diet Support Group insist that I must have a digital scale to weigh them each week. I don't know anything about digital scales. But I promised them that I'd buy one. That means that I'll really be keeping records of their weights.
It's funny, but I'm the type who would find that terribly embarrassing. I keep my weight a secret. I guess, that's how I gained so much. I kept it a secret from myself, too. Now I publicize how much weight I've lost. Seventeen pounds or almost eight kilo are barely a third of what I must lose, and even then I'll be overweight according to the charts.
I'm still wearing the same clothes, but they fit differently. The weight is coming off in proportion. I've resisted the "winter sales" and haven't bought any new clothes. Of course, being unemployed, I don't have the money. G-d willing, by next year, I'll be earning enough and thin enough to buy a new wardrobe.

No comments: