Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Next Biggest Diet Problem

At first, my biggest diet problem was remembering to snack, a necessary requirement on the Start Fresh weight loss diet. Now, I have gotten used to snacking and realize that hunger between meals is a sign that I must have a fruit or yogurt.

So, now, I have to start reducing portion size. One of the things I really found suitable to me in Start Fresh is that there's unlimited vegetables raw and fresh of the non-starchy variety. I love to eat and ate a lot of them. Now I've reached to stage when I'm ready to eat less.

My morning omelet is now with just an onion, eggs and oil, no squash. Other meals have one vegetable, instead of two or more. I even eat less salad, since I want to shrink my appetite, and there's no need to eat a salad with every meal. My salads are also smaller.

I must admit that last week's virus helped my body get used to less food.

Dieting requires that I think about every bit of food and calculate how much I've eaten from which foods during the day. I'm using the Start Fresh site less. I'm preparing myself for real life a few sizes smaller. I've only lost about a third of what I need to lose, or more accurately what I'm willing to make an effort to lose. I wouldn't dare try to predict what weight I'll be in another year or two. I do know that I must get used to an entirely different eating regime. That's not a temporary diet. I must not revert to how I ate before this diet, because if I do, the weight will return.

5 comments:

Shorty said...

If it makes you feel better - after getting into the habit of measuring and weighing out portions, you get used to what the sizes should look like, and don't need to do it as much.

Anonymous said...

Kudos on your weight loss and your efforts. The "snacks" you are referring to are not just to stave off hunger but to keep your bloodsugar stable so that it doesnt drop and send a message of hunger to your brain. It isnt just about eating less but eatng well and you are so so right about having to do this long term, which requires a shift in perception, a change in relationship with food and not focus on just the weight loss. If yu focus on the weight, you'll lose the program, if you focus on the program, you'll lose the weight - it's a program of sel-care and YOU DO GET IT - I CAN TELL!! - MarciaB - Startfresh.com

Batya said...

Shorty, I must admit that I've been ignoring the portion issue, just concentrating on proportion and right food choice and timing. Now for the next stage.

MarciaB thanks, I still need you!

Anonymous said...

Muse -
I need you too
MarciaB

Batya said...

Marcia, thanks. That makes me feel so good.
Muse (in my other identity)